Joseph, the father of Jane, Christina and Rebecca who tragically lost their lives in the sea at Brighton, faces a task no parent should ever have to contemplate
The father of three women who died in the sea off Brighton beach now faces the heartbreaking task of arranging three funerals, family members have said.
Joseph, dad to Jane, Christina and Rebecca, who tragically lost their lives in the sea at Brighton on May 13, previously spoke of his “unbearable” grief at losing his three daughters.
Emergency services were called to the beach near Black Rock car park off Madeira Drive at around 5.45am where the bodies of Rebecca Walters, 31, Christina Walters, 32, and Jane Adetoro, 36, were recovered from the sea nearby.
On a GoFundMe page set up to raise money for funeral costs, organiser Adesoji Adetoro said: “This appeal is being made on behalf of my brother Joseph and the family following the devastating loss of his three beloved daughters.
READ MORE: Everything we know about Brighton beach after 3 sisters diedREAD MORE: Key theory after three sisters die in sea off Brighton beach
“As a family, we are still struggling to come to terms with what has happened. The girls had so much life ahead of them, and their loss has left a pain and emptiness in our hearts that words cannot describe. No parent should ever have to bury their child, let alone all three.”
In a statement made by their father on Wednesday, Joseph said his daughters were “the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love”.
Adesoji added on the crowdfunding page: “While trying to process this unimaginable tragedy, my brother is now also faced with the heartbreaking task of arranging three funerals. As a family, we simply want to give the girls the loving and dignified farewell they deserve.
“We are humbly asking for any support you may be able to offer towards the funeral expenses. Any contribution, no matter how small, will help ease the burden on the family during this incredibly difficult time.”
More than £6,000 has been raised since the fundraiser was launched on Wednesday evening, with an £18,000 target.
In an appeal for information yesterday, Sussex Police said officers had trawled hundreds of hours of CCTV footage and spoken to people in the area to try and trace the women’s last movements.
Detectives are now appealing for members of the public to come forward with any information that could help the investigation. Officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the three women around the Madeira Drive area between 10pm on May 12, and 5.30am on May 13.












