The royal couple left close to midnight from King Charles’ 75th birthday party at Clarence House, with Princess Beatrice and Zara Tindall also among the guests at the intimate event
Prince William and Kate Middleton appeared to have enjoyed a late one as they were seen leaving King Charles’ 75th birthday party last night.
It was close to midnight when the royal couple were spotted leaving Clarence House on Tuesday, where the King hosted a celebration for close family and friends. Photos show them smiling as they left the bash in a car at the end of the evening, with Princess Eugenie, Princess Beatrice and Zara Tindall also among the happy guests.
Meghan and Harry however were not at the event, amid conflicting reports over whether they were invited or not. While The Sunday Times reported that they had turned down the evening, one source said to be close to the Sussexes told the MailOnline that no invite had been sent: “They had not received any invitation and were unaware of any celebrations until the stories came out.”
It comes as Prince Harry spoke to his dad for the first time in more than six months as he broke his silence to wish the King a happy 75th birthday. His Majesty was understood to have had a friendly and cordial chat with his youngest son during the call, which is thought to be first time the father and son had spoken to each other since April, shortly before his coronation.
The King had insisted he wanted his landmark birthday yesterday to be a ‘normal working day’, and also visited the South Oxford Food and Education Alliance (SOFEA), part of the Fareshare network, in Didcot, Oxfordshire. Accompanied by Queen Camilla dressed in a green coat and black cape, he was shown around the SOFEA warehouse and offices as he celebrated three-quarters of a century by unveiling a new food waste initiative.
Baroness Louise Casey, who is helping to create his Coronation Food Project, asked whether he minded if guests serenade him. The King looked bashful as everyone joined in – including his wife who also clapped loudly at the end.
Baroness Casey said: “We are beyond delighted about it. It is such an honour for us and support for the project just wouldn’t have happened without you. We are incredibly grateful to you,” The Coronation Food Project was inspired and devised by the King, who has been vocal in his concerns about food waste.