The United States will be sending an additional 5,000 troops to Poland, Donald Trump said on Thursday.

Trump, in a Truth Social post, cited his relationship with Poland’s conservative nationalist president, Karol Nawrocki, as the reason behind his decision to send additional troops.

The announcement comes two days after Vice President JD Vance told reporters a US troop deployment to Poland had been delayed.

The US had been reviewing its troop presence in Europe and had long been expected to scale it back following demands from Trump that NATO take a larger ‌role in the defense of Europe.

“Based on the successful Election of the now President of Poland, Karol Nawrocki, who I was proud to Endorse, and our relationship with him, I am pleased to announce that the United States will be sending an additional 5,000 Troops to Poland,” Trump said in the post.

Share.
Exit mobile version